Ever been interested in receiving a personal soundbath experience? I reached out to the amazingly talented soundbath musician Gaby over at Soundbathmeditationonline.com for some tips and tricks to making the most out of a vibrational healing session; and not only did she drop some serious knowledge, but she took it a step further and created a beautiful 11:11 sound healing sesh for you... Read on to learn about Gaby and the beauty that she creates!
How did you get started as a sound bath musician?
For most of my adult life, I have struggled with stress and anxiety both job related (I am a recovering high school Assistant Principal.) and the everyday “adventures” of just living in brown skin. I started listening to the sounds of nature, practicing yoga, meditation, and anything else that I could find to calm my nerves and relieve stress. Unfortunately, none of those options worked for me.
I stumbled upon crystal singing bowls a few years ago, and was immediately drawn to them. After much practice and research on the different types of singing bowls, I knew that I had to experience these bowls in my everyday life so I bought my first bowl from Amazon (Never buy singing bowls from Amazon.!) and slowly built up to the 8 I that I have now.
I consider myself to be a sound bath musician vs a practitioner because I am self taught and enjoy playing intuitively. Through my own research I have learned a lot about the different frequencies and musical notes of each bowl, along with the healing vibrations that each bowl vibrates both individually and combined with other bowls.
What is a sound bath?
A sound bath is a meditative experience that immerses your body in waves of sound frequencies and vibrations from various healing instruments. You may hear percussions, gongs, chimes, tuning forks, rattles, wave drums, rain sticks, or singing bowls (Tibetan or Crystal). Each of these instruments gives off a vibration the is immediately felt and heard by the cells in your body. I am a cancer survivor so I was definitely blown away when I read about studies about how cancerous cells disintegrate when certain vibrations/
*Remember to never self-diagnose. Always seek advice from a trained medical professional regarding serious illnesses/ persistent health issues.
What are some of the benefits of a soundbath immersion?
The list of sound bath benefits is pretty extensive. Here are some of the most commonly experienced benefits.
- Stress and anxiety relief.
- An increase in clarity and focus.
- Improvement in your overall mood.
- Deep relaxation and better sleep.
- Muscle tension and pain relief.*
- A decrease in your heart rate and blood pressure. *
- The release of blocked energy and emotions.**
* Sound bath practitioners/musicians are not physicians and can not diagnose or prescribe treatment. Sound baths should never be used to self diagnose or self medicate. Always seek medical assistance from trained and licensed professionals!
**If you suffer from severe or clinical mental health challenges, epilepsy or are less than 5 months pregnant, please consult your family physician before participating in a sound bath.
How should we best prepare to participate?
The best way to prepare for a sound bath is to:
- wear loose clothing,
- drink plenty of water before the sound bath starts, *
- find a comfortable place to sit or lie down,
- have a blanket and pillow for added comfort,
- use a towel or mask to cover your eyes,
- and use earbuds or speakers capable of filling your room with sound**.
* Sound waves move faster through water. For a better experience, it's best to hydrate prior to your sound bath.
** Yes, you can and will experience the same benefits of a virtual sound bath as you would attending one in person. For this reason, it is recommended that you use earbuds.
How can we get the most out of a soundbath experience?
Definitely hydrate yourself prior to starting a sound bath. As I mentioned before, sound waves move faster through water. I always drink a lot of water before I sit down to play. The other day I got rid of my headache 10 minutes after I started playing. So, don’t forget your water bottle and come clothing.
How can we enjoy your soundbaths all the time?