Setting intentions means getting crystal clear on what you need to call into your life. Are you in need of more peace in your home? To forgive yourself of negative self talk? Do you need to cut away energetic cords that are draining your energy? Or maybe to create energetic boundaries to fortify your aura and protect your peace?
Whatever your innermost desires, let them come to the surface of your heart and mind. By setting your intentions, you’re activating your magnetism, creating space to draw in that which best supports your soul, and speeding up your manifestations.
Here’s how to set your intentions before your next smoke cleansing ritual:
- Connect to the present moment by taking a few deep, centering breaths and then turning inward.
- Think about something you’re grateful for (connecting to gratitude banishes scarcity thinking).
- Identify the things you need to release (this could be anything that makes you feel stagnant, stuck or small.)
- Now that you’ve released the energetic muck, focus on what your soul craves most.
- State that intention (aloud, written by hand, or silently- whatever feels best).
- For a moment, envision what your life is like when you've manifested that intention. See it, feel it, revel in it.
- Surrender the intention by allowing it to be carried by the smoke from your smoldering smudge stick. It is now an offering to the universe. Feel secure in knowing that the universe is on your side and conspires to honor your intention.
- Offer gratitude again- to yourself for transcending the energetic blocks that held you back, gratitude to the plant spirit for carrying your intentions, and to the universe for your manifestations coming to fruition.