We have all had a bath, but have you ever had a spiritual bath? A spiritual bath is not like a regular bath where we cleanse our bodies with water and soap. Instead, a spiritual bath is not only about cleansing the body, but also cleansing the mind and spirit. Carefully selected, powerful ingredients are used that will alter the bathwater so that it has healing vibrations. This will help you to get rid of hurts, blockages, or situations that do not serve you in a constructive way anymore.
Creating a Spiritual Bath Experience
Now that you know what a spiritual bath is, let’s take a look at some of the different steps to take to ensure you have a great spiritual bath experience:
- The first thing you need to do is ensure the bath is sparkling clean.
- Next, clear the energy of your bathroom to set your intentions and create sacred space. This can be done with sacred smoke cleansing wands, incense, candles or visualization.
- Set aside a dedicated period of time to enjoy the bath. Make sure there are no distractions, so don’t take your phone into the bathroom with you! Creating a ritual around your spiritual bath experience makes it even more sacred. We love making this authentic indigenous hot chocolate to savor just before bath time.
- Have a quick shower first so that you remove any impurities that are already on your body.
- Fill the bath and make sure the temperature is comfortable for you. While the bath is running, you can gather all of the ingredients for your bath. Sea salt and botanicals like lavender, rose petals and essential oils are perfect for raising the vibe of your bathing experience. If you’d rather purchase a handmade spiritual bath complete with all of the necessities, check out our Venus kit here.
- Feel free to add some calming music to the mix or maybe light a few candles. Our Spotify playlist was created to encourage self love and expression. You can take a listen here.
- When the bath is ready, add all of the ingredients (we will talk you through some options next), and soak for between 20 and 30 minutes. Make sure you focus on simply relaxing. Release any negative thoughts that may enter your mind.
What Ingredients are Good for Spiritual Baths?
There are plenty of great ingredients that can be included in spiritual baths. Some good examples are as follows:
- Essential Oils - Many skin safe essential oils like lavender and chamomile have therapeutic benefits and can help to melt your stresses away.
- Sea salt - Salt baths are one of the best types of spiritual baths, as they can help you to relax while also stimulating circulation and easing achy joints and muscles. They also offer energetic purification and protection.
- Sage - Sage will have a stimulating effect when added to a bath.
- Epsom Salt - epsom salt works to melt those pains and aches away. It is a great ingredient when you need to feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Roses - Roses add divine feminine energy and help elevate your experience by making it more beautiful.
So, there you have it: an insight into the steps to take to have a spiritual bath. We hope that this has helped you to get a better understanding of how you can have a spiritual bath that not only benefits your body but benefits your mind and spirit as well. With the difficult and fast-paced life is lived at today, this is imperative for us all!